Thursday, August 25, 2011

5 Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace



By doing the following, it could potentially increase the value of your company and productivity + efficiency of your employees:

Express genuine appreciation to coworkers & staff — even on a tight budget.
Increase loyalty with the employees and volunteers in your organization.
Reduce cynicism and create a more positive work environment.
Decrease staff burnout and the sense of being ‘used’.
Improve your ability to show appreciation for difficult colleagues.


Taken from 5lovelanguages.com, written by Dr. Chapman and Dr. White, though I’m yet to buy the book, but having to read through the 1st chapter of the book simply made me realize the power of true communication using sincerity not just at home or with friends, but at workplace.

How I came across this? This was actually recommended by a good friend of mine, Dave Rogers, and so, I searched up for it. It’s a really good read, and I urge anyone who has been running or working in a business to get a copy of this book! =) I’ll soon be getting my copy! *grins*

No comments:

Post a Comment