Thursday, October 06, 2011

Importance of Appreciation


Each and everyone of us needs some words of affirmation every now and then. And knowing that at least someone acknowledges our efforts in performing a certain task, makes a whole lot of difference to us, and somewhat impacts our future performances. If you didn't already know about this, maybe you might want to try and see the positive effects of the affirming words when used on someone you appreciate. Below are some words that you might want to affect on others:
"You do such a great job!  Keep it up."
"I just wanted to let you know—the things you do for (me, the company, our group) do not go unnoticed.  You’re a necessary piece to this puzzle.  I appreciate your dedication and service, and I know others do too."
"Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your commitment.  You are not only a valued member of this group, you’re a dear friend.  I can’t imagine working without you." 
"If I tried to tell you how much I appreciate you, I’d be talking the rest of my life.  I hope that, in some small way, you realize how much you’ve meant to me, and how truly I desire to give back to you."
"Someday I hope to give to you a fraction of all you’ve given me."
"No words can express, no act of gratitude can relay, no gift can represent what your love and support have meant to me.  Please accept this note as an indicator of my heartfelt appreciation for everything you are."
“Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.” – Voltaire
At my workplace, I notice that regardless of positions and ranks, many yearns for some form of appreciation and one of them would be words of affirmation. I'm planning to leverage on this to see how they can better impact the organization and its employees.

No comments:

Post a Comment