Monday, January 23, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR (2012) !

I know it’s Chinese New Year (CNY) and I should be writing about it, but who set those rules right? =P Well, in conjunction with the New Year *grins*, I wanna take this opportunity to share out what I did on the first day of new year! What better way it is to celebrate with great friends and family!

Actually, before I head into the story, I wanna highlight a couple of stuffs that I’ve accomplished so far for the year 2011:

  • Promotion in less than 1 year of service (previous job)
  • Complete insurance examinations for Life Insurance and Investment-Link within 1 month (includes studying and sitting for the exams)
  • Caught up with some old buddies before new year ends (no names mentioned)
  • Bought a NEW car (I’m a proud owner of a Silver Saga FL 1.3 Auto *grins*)
  • Bought a NEW camera (Panasonic Lumix LX5 baby!)
  • Bought a NEW laptop (Awesome Asus K43U!)
  • Traded lens for Tamron 17-50mm & Traded phone for N97 mini
  • Lost 5KG in less than 2 weeks (well I cheated; dental surgery didn’t allow me to eat much *smirks*)
  • Drove to Malacca (first trip down in years!)
  • Etc. (I’m sure if I go on any further, you’ll just close and ignore the rest of the post *sobs, you don’t care about me, sobs*)

So, enough of the “bragging” and back to the story about New Year’s celebration… Went up to Genting the morning after NYE’s at Samuel’s place, with him and 7 other pals of mine (Alex, Jacquelyn, Stephanie, Jackie, Marilyn, Samantha, & Jeremy) to … celebrate the New Year, of course! Initial plan was to be there BEFORE the new year, and come back AFTER first day of new year, but no rooms were avail for us then. Steph and I was there for 1 night, whilst the others stayed another night to celebrate Alex’s birthday… Well, I’ll let my pictures tell the rest of the story =)

P1050113 copyP1050130 copy
[left] Lunch @ Gohtong Jaya (Being early, that’s what I ate for lunch with Alex, Jac & Steph)
[right] That’s dinner with the bunch!

 

P1050123 copyP1050125 copy

P1050128 copyP1050129 copy
Some shots of us while waiting for dinner to be served..
Apparently, there were some fireworks at Genting,
but I was too focused on dinner, I didn’t bother about it =(

 

P1050132 copyP1050116 copy
[left] We played the indoor arcade! (How can you not play, right? *grins*)
[right] my side project… (More at the end!)

P1050136 copyP1050139 copy

P1050144 copyP1050141 copy
How can you not GAMBLE at Genting??!!
HUAT AR!

P1050143 copyP1050154 copy
Jeremy flexing his muscles…
and that’s how our room looks like to fit 9 people…
P.s : I didn’t sleep where they slept.. I conquered the floor!

 

P1050157 copyP1050159 copy
A group shot of us in the morning!
Awesome night we had!

 

P1050137 copyP1050120 copy
Whilst half the lot won quite a fair bit,
the others didn’t… somewhat like the uncle there…
”Y U NO LET ME WIN!!”

 

P1050117 copyP1050161 copy
As I’m only there for a night, I had to head down after lunch the following morning…
the last shot in Genting, and a shot taken when I’m nearing home

 

But I did manage to get some pretty awesome landscape shots of Genting,
in the morning (before heading down) whilst the others were sleeping so soundly…
Well, we did after all only managed to sleep at about 5 am…
(no thanks to someone snoring so loudly! RAWR!)

P1050151 copy

P1050150 copyP1050148 copy
Comment bit about the landscape?
(pictures taken with LX5 w/ minor post editing)

 

Alright, so back to where I mentioned about my side project…
You see, I’ve been planning for this quite sometime,
though it didn’t go quite as planned, but somehow it was good enough =D

P1050119 copyP1050114 copyAiD5ibICMAEUpnh

My aim was to go to Genting fulfilling 3S:
Singlet, Shorts and Slipper, and stay like that for the whole day…
But it rained in Genting, dropping the temperature even more, so the plan didn’t last long…
So, I improvised and turned it into 5S instead:
Singlet, Shorts, Slipper, Shyiok Sendiri!
w/ nerd glasses and a bottle of Black label making me look #likeadrunktard!

last picture there was taken by Jackie; the shoe came from Jeremy…
thanks for the support bro, (=.=”)

 

So Looking Forward To This (2012) Year’s Trip to Genting Again!

No comments:

Post a Comment